- Patterns occur most overtly
- Man’s closest approximation to the beauty of nature’s patterns is in our greatest architecture.
- Study across disciplines. All great patterns, as with all great truths, are transcendent. You’ll know you’ve found a pattern worth holding on to when you can see it has an immediate, intuitive and unforced application across disciplines.
- Do yourself a favor, step back, and view your industry from afar. Cease trying to be an insider, and cultivate the mindset and perspective of an outsider. You’ll see more, understand more, know more.
- Patterns are seen not in the decisions you make, but the shadows they cast. You know you have the makings of a pattern when two or more very different decisions cast a similar shadow.
— Illustration and Sheepspo by Bill Ferenc