We are The Black Sheep Agency, a cause-driven brand strategy agency focused on accelerating impact. Fiercely dedicated to serving our community, we strive to organize an army of co-conspirators who share a common vision. Together with our clients and collaborators, we unite around one thing—building a future we can believe in. And we’re looking to grow.
- Do you have agency experience?
- Are you a self-starter? A figure-it-outer? A person who asks the right questions in order to take control of the situation and get things done? Do you have experience managing client projects and thinking strategically?
- Do you have experience with and passion for social media—from campaign concepting to content generation? Do you keep up with the latest algorithms, ad strategies and trends? Have you created social media ad buy strategies?
- Do you love to write—enough so that you’d label yourself a writer? Do you feel like you can write pretty much anything—whip up a headline in a matter of seconds, burrow in to write longer form content that shines from start to finish? Can you change your “voice” on a dime?
If you answered an enthusiastic “YES!” to all of the above, we want to know more about you. Send us your resume, portfolio and/or writing samples, links to your social media profiles and a brief explanation of why YOU should be the next Brand Coordinator at Black Sheep.
While it’s hard to define the exact experience necessary for this role, we’re hoping to find someone that meets the requirements below—or someone who can prove to us that the experiences they’ve had are just as good as what we came up with. So, GO FOR IT.
- College education relevant to the position (PR, marketing, advertising, communications or similar degree)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in which you have written for brand initiatives, met aggressive deadlines and driven projects, preferably at an agency
- Strong, concise, creative writing skills that lend themselves to short-form content (social media, pitches, etc.) as well as long-form content (blogs, articles, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced communication skills, including both written (documents and presentations) and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence to successfully present program recommendations and strategy to clients
- Ability to handle managing 15-20 projects simultaneously, while maintaining your cool
We’re a team that thrives in an ever-changing environment. Expect to get familiar with the term “pivot.” Some of the predictable responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Brand Managers with hands-on involvement in client accounts.
- Developing, executing and presenting comprehensive brand strategies as part of a collaborative team.
- Monitoring, collaborating on and updating social media accounts.
- Copywriting for advertising, marketing and various other collateral.
- Creating and managing production schedules and deadlines.
- Writing press releases, pitching and interacting with the media.
- Brainstorming and generating creative concepts and content.
Think you have what it takes? Submit your information here, and if we’re intrigued, we’ll be in touch.