We are The Black Sheep Agency, a cause-driven creative and brand strategy agency that works with impactful companies and organizations to activate communities around things that matter. We’re looking to grow by adding a Digital Content Producer to the team.
Fiercely dedicated to serving our community, we strive to organize a team of co-conspirators who share a common vision. Together with our clients and collaborators, we unite around one thing—building a future we can believe in.
As Digital Content Producer at Black Sheep, you will create valuable content experiences that work to connect, excite, motivate and build loyalty in order to keep audiences active and growing in the digital space.
In partnership with our Digital Strategist, you will shape powerful narratives that not only attract people but continue to help, support and empower them. By creating content designed to address the needs of our audiences, your content strategy is grounded in identifying qualified prospects and building trust and credibility for our clients.
To do that, you must work to master these four areas:
- Creative Storytelling: Demonstrate a magnetic storytelling ability with excellent writing skills. Be comfortable working across a range of digital mediums (social, web, email, video, etc.) and push for consistently quality content.
- Digital community management: Listen and engage with social audiences (comments, messages, etc.), maintaining a pulse on social media conversations, curating and posting content across Black Sheep and client social channels needed.
- Leadership: Explore user growth opportunities with idea generation, analysis, experimentation and testing.
- Set the Standard: Do things for Black Sheep’s digital channels that everyone will talk about, engage with and share about because they haven’t seen it before. Surprise them. Keep them on their toes.
Why is this role important for Black Sheep’s work?
As a Digital Content Producer, you are habitual experimenter who likes to try out various ways to excite the audience and garner engagement while using data to understand what is or isn’t working. With excellent communications skills and an ability to quickly deliver the right message paired with the right creative, you are able to help our team maximize impact for the agency and our clients in the most targeted landscape today.
What does that mean for your day to day?
- Creating content and repurposing it across multiple channels to drive traffic that ultimately leads to brand awareness, consideration and loyalty.
- Implementing a brand voice and personality that is tailored specifically to each client.
- Effectively using social media channels to grow brand reach, promote engagement and build community through paid and organic channels.
- Creating and collaborating on the creation of multiple content formats like text, graphics, photography and video.
- Providing strategic counsel to clients to consistently introduce new ideas and approaches, alongside our Digital Strategist. Then, implementing and educating internal staff and existing/prospective clients on these new creative hacks, tools and technologies.
- Overseeing day-to-day production on client digital platforms and coaching clients where necessary to preserve creative integrity and improve outcomes.
- Working hand-in-hand with other team members, namely the Digital Strategist, to ensure exceptional quality on all digital strategy and communication distributed by the agency.
- Heavily contributing to the Black Sheep social media presence (content and strategy).
- Learning how to analyze traffic and follower data, finding key patterns or learnings and presenting a plan to move forward based on the insights you find.
- Constantly bringing new, creative digital ideas to the table.
What are the requirements for this role?
While it’s hard to define the exact experience necessary, we are hoping to find someone that meets the requirements below—or someone who can prove to us that the experiences they’ve had beat what we outlined.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in which you have written for brand initiatives, executed strategic social media and digital initiatives, met aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of marketing best practices with experience in digital marketing
- Experience developing and executing digital project plans, budgets and timelines
- Experience measuring marketing initiatives and reporting on results—Google analytics, Sprout Social, email or other similar platforms a plus
- Strong, concise, creative writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced communication skills, including both written (documents and presentations) and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence and poise to successfully present strategy or program recommendations to clients
- Ability to handle managing 8-10 projects simultaneously, while maintaining your cool
- College education relevant to the role (advertising, digital, marketing, communications or similar degree)
Think you’re the right fit? Apply by emailing us and please attach your cover letter, resume and any relevant portfolio work, like writing samples.
If this position isn’t right for you, check out our other listing for an Account Manager!
Inclusion at The Black Sheep Agency
Yes, we’re a gathering of rebels. We’ve come together to change minds and accelerate impact for organizations and businesses that are leading communities toward a more equitable future. In our field of strategy, marketing and creative ideas, we know the playing field isn’t fair, and getting a dream job is easier for some than others. We believe our ecosystem is strengthened through perspective and collaboration, and that can only happen when mentorship, leadership and career opportunities are open to all. We’re looking for go-getters and figure-it-outers—people who think beyond the ordinary list of awards and internships and tell the story of how they’ve transformed their professional life through personal initiative and creativity. We don’t believe talent and expertise should look the same—ever. Tell us how you’ll join us in sparking an empowered and brilliant future for our communities. Be the rebel that you are.