You never step away from a challenge, and you approach life with a wild purpose. Your ideas? Unexpected. Your perspective? Creatively unparalleled. If this sounds like you, you may be a Black Sheep, and we’re ready to meet you.
- Do you want an internship with people who mentor you in a challenging, creative and engaging way?
- Are you fiercely dedicated to serving purpose in your community?
- Is your mission in life to activate your community around something that matters?
- Are you ready to gain hands-on marketing and brand strategy experience and learn something purposeful?
If the answer is “YES!” and you low-key want to respond with a side-eye emoji peeping at us in interest, then keep reading.
What the actual flock are you about to get into with this internship?
- You’ll do real work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll need to adapt quickly and roll with the punches because we take deadlines seriously and work pops up without much notice. You’ve got this.
- You’ll need to demonstrate some initiative. We appreciate people who are able to be both professional and personable. You have to be able to work well with others, be cool when our clients come around and take care of your workload. Did we mention deadlines? Oh, right.
- You’ll have A LOT of fun! We invite our interns to join us at events, participate in office shenanigans and become a real member of the team. Not to mention our encouragement of “light vandalism.” You heard right.
- You’ll get paid. You heard that right—our internship PAYS. We know you have a lot going on and that a position for course credit isn’t going to cut it.
Some of the things you might be working on:
- Implementing or creating marketing, communications and community engagement strategies
- Creative brainstorming
- Researching and note-taking
- Supporting our social media presence and managing social ad campaigns
- Client-specific project support, from discovery to presentation to implementation
- Additional responsibilities may include: documenting company culture, speaking up, brainstorming and maybe, just maybe, donning a sheep costume
For internships, we look for these skills and education:
- Passionate interest in communications, marketing, social media or similar (no previous internship experience required but a current or previous school enrollment in a field of study is a plus)
- Organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage several ongoing projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Willingness to ask ALL the questions
But most importantly, we want someone who:
- Is ready to try new things.
- Isn’t afraid to give or receive constructive feedback.
- Loves to work in a creative environment with people who want to make the world a better place!
Want to apply? Send us an email (maybe tell us a funny joke – we dig those)—tell us about yourself and attach your résumé or portfolio to show us what you’ve got.